if using IVF, use natural insemination instead of ICSI if sperm count normal –
Risk of intellectual disability (RR 1.46, [1.03, 2.08]; P = 0.03) and ASD (RR 1.49 [1.05, 2.11]; P = 0.03) are higher in intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) children compared to conventional in vitro fertilization (IVF) children.
CONCLUSIONS: More pregnancies were achieved with IVF as compared to ICSI in aged women and poor responders. In view of the above results, it is highly recommended that in the presence of normal range sperm counts, the technique of choice for poor responders and aged women should be IVF rather than ICSI.
Don’t overdo antibiotics –
in the third study on a cohort overlapping with the previous one, a significantly higher risk of autism after exposure to various classes of antibiotics was observed. Data from case–control studies on antibiotic exposure during childhood were more consistent. All three of them reported significant, positive associations between antibiotic use and later ASD diagnosis.
Minimize pesticide exposure
- soak fruit/vegetables 15 minutes in baking soda/bicarb
- buy organic
- organic Australian rice more polluted than Asian imports
rice contains arsenic – use in moderation
- the highest concentration of Hg was found in samples containing herbs, followed by fruits and parts of spice plants. In the studies by Kowalski et al. , the highest concentration of Hg was found in mono-fruit tea (0.031 mg/kg), which our research on fruit teas did not include.
The usable form of tea in the form of leaves is considered to be a better product than the form sold in tea bags. Tea bags contain small, poorer quality plant particles. Our research on various tea samples showed that both white, green, and black leaf teas contained significantly higher concentrations of Hg than in the express tea bags.
organic tea is not always better, also steep for 3 minutes max
- spread awareness beneficial to child health – sourced from scientific papers and articles on the web
- encourage parents to do their own research, without getting too stressed about things, after all there are also many factors out of our control, and we must accept and appreciate our reality